How long is a self storage contract?
Storage Giant operates on a weekly, monthly, or 4 weekly basis. With a super-flexible 1 week minimum term. You can store your goods for as short or as long as you want, our costs do not often change and we may even have an introductory offer that can suit you.
Do you price match?
Storage Giant – Lowest Price Guarantee / Price Match Terms
At Storage Giant we strive to offer our customers the Best Storage at the Best Price and consistently delivered with the best service.
In order to uphold our ‘Best Price’ promise, we actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors and adjust our own pricing accordingly. If, in the unlikely event you find a cheaper storage quote elsewhere, we will either match or beat any local comparable quote by 15%.
Simply e-mail the competitor’s official written quote to your local store, ensuring competitor name, date and price are shown and we will match the competitor price if within policy.
Terms & Conditions
- The competitor’s quote must be based on a similar self-storage facility. This means a self-storage centre with comparable indoor self-storage rooms to that of a Storage Giant store
- Price match against non like for like storage facilities (i.e. shipping containers, wooden containers, outdoor storage units or any other containerised storage) will not be accepted
- The competitor’s quote must match the exact unit size you require
- The competitor must have availability of the specific unit size required
- The competitor’s price must be publicly advertised online, and/or must be a company official written quote and cannot include any additional special membership discounts
- Price match cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (including introductory offers)
- The competitor to be price matched must be located within a 5-mile radius of Storage Giant
- All competitor quotes must be dated within 2 weeks of your move-in date
- The competitor quotes must be e-mailed to your local store (or printed copy taken into store), verbal quotes are not accepted
- The Price Match rate is guaranteed for a maximum of 26 weeks after which the storage rate will revert back to our standard rate
- Price comparisons are for the total storage charge including VAT based on a 4-week stay
- Our Lowest Price Guarantee is currently available across all UK stores subject to terms and conditions and availability on a store by store basis – Contact your local store for full details
- We reserve the right to withdraw or make changes to this offer at any time
Do I need to bring some ID when I sign for a unit?
Yes you will, we accept drivers licence, passport, utility bills, council tax documents and bank statements.
Will I need to provide my own padlock?
Yes. Although the building is secured and has CCTV throughout, you will be expected to lock your own unit. You can see which kind of locks we recommend in our packaging shop, and even purchase online for instore collection.
Do I need insurance?
Taking out a storage policy is a requirement of storing your goods with Storage Giant for personal storage. We provide insurance at low cost and there is a minimum insurance value, dependent on unit size. This is standard procedure with all storage companies and designed to provide best protection for your personal effects. Get an instant quote for more information or contact your local store manager.
You can read more about this storage insurance requirement here.
Do I have to give notice before taking on a unit?
We can reserve a unit for you up to two weeks in advance of your move in date. To guarantee availability, it is always best to reserve your unit in advance. To do this, you would pay £10.00, which is then transferred towards your deposit when you move in.
Do you sell boxes on site?
Yes all our self storage stores sell boxes of various sizes instore. To be sure that they are there for you when you arrive, why not purchase them online in our online packaging store for instore collection?
How secure and safe are Storage Giants's facilities?
All our self storage centres are protected by a state of the art NACOSS Gold certified security system, which monitors each individual storage unit, all entry and exit points, as well as all the internal spaces. We even have a laser matrix (although we can’t tell you too much about that) and the entire system is monitored 24/7. If a breach is detected both Police and staff will be on site within minutes.
Unlike other dark and uninviting storage facilities, our hi tech self storage centres are bright, airy and extremely well lit. Intercom points are located throughout the facility, so if you run into any problems a member of staff can assist you in seconds. If it’s a problem that can’t be solved quickly then a member of staff will come to your aid.
All Storage Giant self storage centres are fitted with the latest fire alarm and smoke detection systems. All fire exit routes are clearly marked so you can safely exit the building in the event of a fire.
You can read more about our storage security here.
How Dry are your units?
Even though our facilities are not temperature controlled, they are purpose built, clean and dry, and perfect to store your goods.
When can I access my unit?
You can access your unit as many times as you like during our store opening hours. If you also need access out of hours, we can provide 24/7 access*. We do place certain requirements on this function, ask your local store manager for more information.
Can you help me find a man-and-van or a removal service?
Yes, all our store managers maintain a list of reliable, local removal services and more affordable, handy man-and-van services. Call you local store today.
Do you have trolleys & forklifts in store?
We have trolleys for customer use in all our stores. We also have pallet trucks available at all of our sites.
Can I move units?
Yes, you can scale up or down as you require, and just pay for what you use. *With 10 days notice.
Is there anything I can’t store?
You can store pretty much anything, however there are some prohibited items:
- Food or perishable goods unless securely packed to prevent attracting vermin
- Any living creatures
- Any combustible or flammable materials
- Firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition
- Chemical, radioactive or biological agents
- Toxic waste, asbestos, or other potentially dangerous materials
- Illegal substances, drugs or any illegally obtained goods
- Compressed gases, fuels
Will you do me a deal for storage and office space?
Yes! Lots of small businesses, including ebay traders and eshop owners start with us this way.
How can I pay?
You can make payments in store with cash or card. You can book and pay a deposit for your storage online too (use our instant quote tool), and you can pay for your existing storage with our online account management tool.
What do I do if I want to end the rental of my unit?
In most cases, our policy is written notice 14 days prior to the vacation of your unit. This depends on how you are billed and if you are a domestic or commercial customer, for example:
- Weekly billing (commercial and domestic)– 7 days’ written notice
- 28 day billing – 14 days notice for domestic or 28 days notice for commercial clients
- Monthly billing – 14 days notice for domestic or 1 months notice for commercial clients
How big a storage unit will I need?
Why not have a look at our sizes page? This shows you a rough guide to how many boxes a unit can store. We’ve also estimated how many car or van loads a unit can take, and what size homes possessions would fit into the storage room. Take a look. We also have sizes smaller and larger than the shown sizes, so we have a size to fit your exact needs.