Creative Talent Continues to Put Bristol in the Picture
What do Sherlock, Only Fools and Horses, Poldark and Stan and Ollie have in common? They were all, largely or partially, filmed in beautiful Bristol.
We have had our facility in the city of Bristol, in Brislington, for over a year now. And over time, we have become more and more impressed by the vibrant creative buzz of Bristol, and its unmatched TV, film and animation output. Thinking of breaking into a creative industry? You might want to consider moving to Bristollywood. Have a business idea that would serve the media and creative industries? You might want to locate yourself here.
Did you know?
- Poldark was filmed in locations including The Bristol Old Vic, St Nichols Market and John Wesley’s New Room.
- More than 30 production and post-production companies in Bristol contribute over £140 million to the UK economy.
- The iconic scene of Del Boy and Rodney dressed as Batman and Robin in Only Fools and Horses Christmas special was filmed in Broadmead, Bristol.
- 35% of all global natural history television is produced in the city, led by the BBC Natural History Unit.
- Channel 4 set up its creative hub in Bristol in 2019, as part of its relocation from London
There are many factors at play that keep the sector vibrant and booming. One is, no doubt, the well-equipped talent pool that emerges from the city universities. The Bristol City Council, along with Bristol universities and Destination Bristol, helped Bristol to achieve UNESCO City of Film status. The Bristol City Film Office has proved effective in promoting Bristol’s outstanding TV and film to the outside world.
Want to start your own Bristol-based creative business? Check out our Bristol office space rental service.
Or if you are looking for storage in Bristol, check out our Bristol Self Storage Units.