COVID-19 Update | March 31st 2020
Following on from the Prime Minister’s statement on Monday 23rd March 2020, we wrote personally to all existing clients to advise that our storage branches will continue to trade aligned to government guidance. Our Self-Storage facilities operate as warehousing for many, key front line businesses and charities. In addition, we have seen a recent spike in providing critical storage for many domestic clients including international students and house movers.
At Storage Giant, the health and safety of our customers and colleagues is our number one priority so whilst we do continue to trade, we have made various adjustments to continue with our service offering whilst minimising person-to-person contact and minimising risk. We have limited the number of staff on site at any one time and also restricted reception access so to ensure social distancing guidelines are maintained. In addition, the below measures have been put into place (all with immediate effect);
- Revised Trading Hours – Monday to Saturday (8am to 5pm), Sunday (10am to 4pm). These opening hours are subject to change, please telephone your local store before visiting – View contact details here
- Cleaning – Our colleagues have intensified the daily cleaning levels around the most commonly touched areas (such as door handles, pin entry buttons, trolley handles etc)
- New Customers – We have implemented new procedures to complete all paperwork as remotely as possible. Please call your local store during office hours to make a new booking – View contact details here
- Appointment Booking – Our stores remain manned however reception doors are locked during trading hours. New and existing clients; Telephone your local store to book an appointment
- Deliveries – We will temporarily no longer be accepting deliveries on the behalf of existing clients, although clients are free to be on site and accept deliveries themselves where deemed critical
- Essential Services & Travel Only – Only essential services and businesses providing these services are allowed to visit aligned to the government guidelines. Please only visit if it’s essential.
- Social Distancing – Our appointment bookings will limit people on site, however if visiting please observe the 2 metre social distancing rule and hand hygiene guidelines
We have implemented these measures to help limit any contact between our colleagues and customers to help limit the spread of Coronavirus. We will continue to closely monitor information from the UK Government and our public health officials to ensure we do everything we can to continue to provide a clean and safe environment for all of our valued customers and colleagues.