5 Reasons to Start Your Business in Bristol
With its vibrant culture, rich history and booming economy, Bristol continues to be one of the best cities in the UK for businesses to thrive – and we are delighted to see so many people doing just that under the Storage Giant roof in Brislington.
UCL School of Management voted Bristol the number one city in the UK for entrepreneurs in 2016, and the city was also voted one of the top five cities in the UK for start-ups in 2019 by Verdict magazine, with hundreds of start-up businesses located in the Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone.
Here are just some reasons you should consider making the move to this business-friendly city…
- Bristol has one of the lowest unemployment rates and has been ranked as one of the ‘best cities to live in’ for wealth and happiness by The Telegraph, beating Manchester, Liverpool, and even London for its quality of life.
- Entrepreneurship can be difficult, with many bumps along the road, but the city of Bristol has a lot of support for businesses with plenty of advisors, investors, and organisations with the intention of helping entrepreneurs and businesses grow and succeed by collaborating and funding. You can find out more about inner-city business support in Bristol from Engine Shed and SET Squared.
- One of the best things about Bristol is the incredible talent pool available for local businesses, with 45.6% of the working population having NVQ Level 4 or above. Not to mention the number of students who fall in love with the city and permanently reside after their studies have finished.
- Bristol is a technologically advanced city with excellent broadband access. While this may seem like less of a priority for those looking to move their business to a new city, the ONS reported in 2016 that 100% of SME businesses have a fixed broadband connection, and 90% also have a landline phone.
- With great transport links readily available, living outside of the city and commuting in is a great option for those who prefer to live in quieter, suburban neighbourhoods. Less than 2 hours from London, and with Bristol Port on the outskirts, it really is the perfect location for businesses to reach clients and join in with lively networking groups across the city.
If you’re looking to relocate or start your business in Bristol, our 55,000+ sq ft. state-of-the-art self-storage facility with over 800 self-storage rooms can help support your budding business. If you’re a student moving to university, we can also offer low-cost storage to suit your needs.
You can find out more about our Bristol storage facility here: https://www.storagegiant.co.uk/brislington-bristol-retail-units/